Support | General
General – Page Targeting
Page targeting allows you to select specific pages of your website within the tool of your choice. That can mean either including certain pages or excluding certain pages depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
1. Included URLs: Choose which particular pages you would like included for your selection.
2. Excluded URLs: Choose which particular pages you would NOT like included for your selection.
3. URL String: Place the unique URL string here.
4. Launch Question: Choose which question you would like launched when your user visits the selected pages.
How To Use Page Targeting using RegEx
Using RegEx is pretty powerful and because of this it can seem pretty confusing but for most applications there are only a few things to remember. However if you would like to learn more advanced techniques visit the RegEx page. If you want to do a test but not on your site try https://regex101.com/.
Here are the three most common situations:
I want to to show my pop-up only in the products directory
Included URLs .*domain.com\/products\/.*
I want to include all options to get to the site such as http, https, www., no www
Included URLs .*domain.com.*
I want to include all search terms after a ? in the URL
Included URLs .*domain.com\/products\/ducks\.html.*
I want the pop-up to show only for a particular UTM or dynamic term
Included URLs .*utm=google.*
Included URLs .*ducks\.html.*
I want to show a pop-up across the site except the products section
Included URLs .*
Exclude URLs .*domain.com\/products\/.*
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which pages to target with certain questions?
Test it out! Try different questions with different pages to see if your user engagement increases.
We Are Here to Help
Here are the different ways you can contact support:
- When logged in, click the "Contact Support" button. Your information will be autopopulated so just type in your question or comment.
- To create a ticket when not logged in email: [email protected]
- Call us during business hours: Mountain Time, Colorado USA. (US) 800-700-8077.
- If outside US: send an email to [email protected] and we will set up an meeting over Zoom.