Support | General
General – Installing Ometrics Script
Installing any code onto your site can be tricky at times but we make it easy for you. Below we will show you the simple method as well as step-by-step instructions for a variety of platforms. Remember to contact Customer Support if you run into any issues.
Installing the Simple Way
From the Dashboard, click the green “Install Ometrics” button at the top right of the screen. Simply copy and paste your unique code and place it between the <head></head> tag.
Installing Ometrics Script on WordPress
1. Go to your Plugins page in WordPress and click “Add New” at the top of the page.
2. Search for “Ochatbot” in the search bar. Find “Ochatbot – Free AI chatbot for eCommerce & Leads” below and click “Install Now”.
3. After installation, click “Activate”.
4. Then, navigate to the Ochatbot settings page by hovering over the “Settings” menu and clicking “Ochatbot – AI chatbot for eCommerce & Leads”.
5. On the settings page you may log in to your existing Ometrics account, or you may register for a new account and activate your new Ochatbot.
Installing Ometrics Script on BigCommerce
1. Find the Ochatbot App from the BigCommerce App Marketplace by searching for “Ochatbot” or “Ometrics” or by following this link.
2. You can contact us here with any questions you may have.
3.Click the “Get This App” button to install the Ochatbot App.
**Older BigCommerce stores may still be using the legacy theme engine, Blueprint, which does not have the ability to automatically install a script. If you are using an old Blueprint theme, you must install your script into your theme manually.
***When manually installing the script, make sure it is placed into all of your storefront pages, all checkout pages and the order confirmation page.
Installing Ometrics Script on Shopify
1. Go to the Shopify App Store and add the app to your store!
Installing Ometrics Script on Gatsby
The default widget code (from the “Get Code” button) will not work correctly on a Gatsby site. (https://www.gatsbyjs.org/)
First, click on the “Get Code” button within your Ometrics dashboard and copy the code. Notice the second line:
(Your code will have lots of letters and numbers in place of “your-object-id-here”.)
Copy your object id (do not include the quotes), and paste it in the code below at every location of “your-object-id-here”.
Then place the updated code into your Gatsby web site header.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a little new to this, can I get some help?
Absolutely! Just contact Support and we help you load the script correctly.
We Are Here to Help
Here are the different ways you can contact support:
- When logged in, click the "Contact Support" button. Your information will be autopopulated so just type in your question or comment.
- To create a ticket when not logged in email: [email protected]
- Call us during business hours: Mountain Time, Colorado USA. (US) 800-700-8077.
- If outside US: send an email to [email protected] and we will set up an meeting over Zoom.