Overview of the Content:
- Content Type for Shopify Metafields
- Edit Theme Code
- AI Chatbots for Product Recommendations
- Enabling Filters
- Product Sorting
- Customizing Navigation Bar
- Creating Workflow
What are Shopify Product Metafields?A Shopify store owner can add extra information about their products on their stores using Shopify Metafields. The Shopify variant Metafields will also enhance the workflow of the online store. By adding the Shopify Metafields to the online stores, the online business owners include information such as summaries of the blogs, relevant posts, part numbers, and color swatches.
Meta Themes – Metafields DefinitionsShopify store owners should connect their Metafields to their themes using the ‘Online 2.0’ theme.
- To add the Metafields to the themes click the ‘Themes’ option and the default themes will appear.
- Click the customize option in the default themes options. Go to the default product template.
- Select one of your products and click ‘Product information’.
- Under the ‘Product information’ option, select ‘Text’. The dynamic field will appear for the specific product that you have selected.
Content-Type for Shopify MetafieldsThe Metafields content types in Shopify are the specifications of a product such as product colors, dimensions, references, adding links to specific domains. The content types will appear while adding the Shopify product Metafields. The content types are color, date and time, file, JSON, measurement, number, reference, text, true or false, and URL. For instance, if a Shopify admin selects the text option, they can add both single-line text and multi-line text. Under the ‘Description’ option, the Shopify owners will have a ‘Validation’ type. The additional rules under the validation type are minimum length, maximum length, and regular expression.
Metafields Editor ShopifyAfter saving the Metafields that you have created, select the product and fill in the Metafields definitions. When you click the product again, the ‘New Metafield’ will be listed under the dynamic source. In the same way, a Shopify admin can change the dynamic source of every product by adding the Metafields.
Edit the Theme CodeIf a Shopify admin wants a deep understanding of where the Metafields are linking up in the Shopify website options, read below to know more!
- Go to the ‘Online Store’ option again and click the ‘Themes’ option.
- Click ‘Edit Theme Code’ and select ‘Product.Json’ in the product templates.
- You can find the reference to the ‘Shopify Product Metafields’ inside the text.
- You can also find the Subtitle Metafields Shopify in the text.
- By editing the text into the ‘Brand’, the brand of the products will appear above and below while the website visitors view them.
5 Ways to Organize Products and Workflow in ShopifyWe have looked into the steps to add Metafields to your products. Adding Shopify variant Metafields will make your Shopify store look more customized and unique compared to the other online stores. Let us take a tour of organizing the products and workflow in your Shopify stores.
1.AI Chatbot for Product RecommendationsEvery eCommerce website should enhance the navigation of their stores to make the customers find the product pages easily. Implementing an AI chatbot to the online store is one of the ways to improve the navigation of the online stores.
2. Enabling FiltersShopify stores have default filters, but the store owners can also add the filters based on different factors. The online business owners add the filters such as colors, size, age, and tag filters to the products. Rearranging the Shopify priorities is also one of the effective options in Shopify filters. Shopify merchants will be able to prioritize the filters by dragging the sections. Shopify admins customize the online stores with ‘Faceted Filters’ to narrow down the search suggestions exclusively. Click here to know how to enable search term suggestions and faceted filters on the Shopify store.
3. Product SortingEnabling the filters on Shopify is not only enough to organize the products effectively. Shopify store owners should sort the products in various effective ways to personalize their online stores. Some of the ways to sort your products on the collection pages are,
- Sorting Sub Collections.
- Adding ‘Best Sellers’ section.
- Adding featured images with perfect image size.
- Arranging the products in sort order.
True AI to engage shoppers in conversational eCommerce. Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase is Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Support Tickets
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS!
4. Customizing Navigation Bar
Good navigation will make the eCommerce website visitors purchase the products easily. An eCommerce site owner should customize the menu bar, drop-down menus, theme editors, and URL structures to make the complex navigation easier. Customizing the navigation bar on the Shopify websites include,
- Personalizing the web design.
- Sales channel navigation extension.
- Optimizing breadcrumbs on the site.
- Optimizing the menu bar.
Suggested Read: Shopify Navigation: All You Need to Know
5. Creating the Workflow
Shopify merchants will be able to automate the workflow of the website with the Shopify Flow platform. The workflow will also enhance the functionality of the website. Shopify merchants can also set the triggers to create the workflow inside the Shopify admin.
If you want to automate the workflow on the website, you should also choose the ‘Shopify Flow’ platform. The workflow components of Shopify Flow are,
- Triggers – An action that happens in the store. Example: Adding products to carts
- Conditions – Whether the action is taken or not. Example: Whether the customer is purchasing the cart items or not.
- Actions- The completion of the order.
Creating a workflow for the Shopify website will organize your website efficiently.
Customizing your online store is significant to increase sales and invite potential buyers. Shopify is a big eCommerce platform and has different online stores. If you want your eCommerce store to stand out, you should use the various effective options for Shopify for customization.
The above steps such as adding Metafields, implementing AI chatbots, setting up the workflow, sorting the products, and navigation bar customization will help every online business owner to set up a unique online store.
- Shopify Collection Pages: All You Need to Know
- How to Increase Shopify Conversion Rate with AI Chatbots
- Shopify Sorting: All You Need to Know
- Shopify Product Filter: The Ultimate Guide 2022
- Shopify Chatbot: Best Chatbot for Shopify Store
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to add custom Metafields for variants in Shopify?
The ‘Inventory quantity changed’ and the ‘Product variant added’ are the two triggers used to add custom Metafields for the variants.
2. What is the popular App to add the custom Metafields on Shopify?
‘Metafields custom field master’ is one of the popular Apps to add and edit the existing Metafields on the online store.
3. Why does a Shopify store fail?
Lack of optimization and personalization will make the Shopify stores fail. When a customer takes too long to search for the product, they will leave the website. Customizing the website will make the potential buyers find the products easily.
- 7 Exciting eCommerce Chatbot Examples - September 22, 2022
- AI Chatbots vs Humans – Who Provides Good Customer Support? - September 21, 2022
- How to Change Default Sorting of a Collection in Shopify? - September 20, 2022