Shopify filters and advanced sorting methods will increase more potential buyers to the online store. Shopify is one of the biggest eCommerce platforms that has a 23 percent market share in the US. Many online business owners use Shopify filters to optimize their online store. If you start an eCommerce platform, you should learn to optimize your search results, product filter search and default filters.
Many successful brands on Shopify increased their sales by optimizing the filter options and implementing the site’s best practices. Every eCommerce site owner should optimize their online stores with advanced settings and features on Shopify to increase sales exponentially. In this article, let us look into the Shopify store’s best practices and the significance of the Shopify filter.
Overview of the Content
- Adding Metafields
- Smart Search
- Top 5 Shopify Brand & Site’s Best Practices
- Engaging Elements
- Call to Action
- Personalized Experience
- Effective Web Copy
Shopify Filters Menu & Search Results
Shopify filters and SEO optimization helps visitors to your website find the desired products easily. To add advanced filters on Shopify, you simply edit certain codes. These are found in the Navigation section of Shopify. As a Shopify merchant, there is a bit of a learning curve in understanding the functionalities and technical aspects properly to optimize the product filters. Shopify merchants should understand the functionalities and technical aspects properly to optimize the product filters.
An eCommerce website owner should change the default filter settings with useful functionalities on Shopify without experiencing technical challenges. Let us look into the filter options and how to optimize the search results for your store.
Default Filters on Shopify
Shopify has default filters such as price filter, vendor, and product type. But in addition to these, online business owners can add more product filtering on the website based on various specifications. For instance, if you are adding filters for types of clothes, you would enable filtering such as size, color, gender, and best seller’s options for the product search in Shopify. This allows you to customize your presentation:
- Go to the ‘Store Admin Page’ and Select the ‘Online Store’ option.
- Under the ‘Theme’ option you can find the ‘Customize’ button.
- By selecting ‘Collection Pages’ under the ‘Customize’ button, you will find the ‘Collection Page Template’.
- Shopify store owners can add Shopify filter by size, Shopify filter by tags and colors in the ‘Collection Page Template’.
Adding collection filters will sort your product order on the collection pages. Big brands on the Shopify platform optimize their collection pages with various filter options, as we will see below.
If the default Shopify filter doesn’t meet your needs, you could look for a Shopify filter app for better customization and more filter options.
Read More: Shopify Product Filter: The Ultimate Guide 2022
To improve the functionality of your Shopify store exponentially, as a Shopify merchant, add Metafields. These Metafields will allow store owners to add more information about their products, and with personalized suggestions.
- Adding Metafields allows online store owners to introduce new content types such as date (Shopify date filter), time, file, measurements, and relevant URLs.
- Shopify store owners will also be able to add the brand name on the top of the products with the product Metafields.
- The products look more personalized with brand names. Changing the dynamic source of every product is also possible with Metafields.
How to Create Metafields: Shopify Metafields and 5 Ways to Organize the Products
Editing the theme code on Shopify:
An online business owner should optimize the store from an SEO perspective to make them appear on the search results. The product keyword research and analysis are significant to optimize the store to appear in higher search results. Here are a few ideas that will help the online store owners to optimize their stores for search result pages:
- The Shopify store owners should establish authority on their stores.
- The content and URL structure should be optimized for search result pages.
- Relevant keywords for the products. Think from the customer’s perspective!
- An online business owner should add the full domain to the GSC (Google Search Console) for crawling and indexing.
Top 5 Shopify Brands with Best Site Practices
If you are setting up an online store, you have to watch out for the best practices of successful brands to make your store more appealing for website visitors.
We have looked into the significance of sorting the products with filters and Metafields. Let us learn more about enhancing the functionalities of stores with customizations. Here are a few factors that every eCommerce website owner should consider while enhancing the functionality of a store:
- Establishing trust such as providing contact information (such as an email) and adding return policy in the stores.
- Your online store should be visually appealing for your website visitors.
- Adding captivating website designs that match your brand will instantly appeal. The Shopify stores should be easily accessible for all devices.
- Adding headers such as ‘Contact Us’, ‘Best Sellers’ and ‘About Us’ will allow your customers to know that they can connect with you.
- Writing effective web copy for the online stores.
1. Verve Roasters- Engaging Elements
Verve Roasters is a coffee-roasting brand with a captivating website on Shopify. The website design, graphics, and catchy words are engaging elements. By adding stylish photos of the products, these online store owners are ensuring that people who visit will tend to stay.
The ‘Verve Roasters’ provides information about the products on the landing page and adds CTA (Call to Action) to make the customers purchase the products effortlessly. The ‘Headers’ on the landing pages provide easy navigation for the potential buyers.
2. Topo Designs- Trustworthy
- How Do We Use the Personal Information
- Sharing the Personal Information
- Behavioral Advertising
- Customer Rights
- Contact Information
True AI to engage customers for eCommerce, business leads, and customer support.
Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase in Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Tickets with a Customer Service Chatbot
We Guarantee Results... Or Work For Free!
3. Hardgraft- Call to Action Buttons
HardGraft is another aesthetically pleasing eCommerce store on Shopify. The store aesthetics of the homepage are the most engaging feature of Hardgraft.
The Shopify website’s design such as light gray background gives an aesthetic look and stands out from other online stores. The Hardgraft has the products displayed on the website with the price and CTA(Call to Action) such as ‘Shop Now’, ‘Purchase’, ‘Let Us Do’ buttons. On the other hand, HardGraft also has a live chat system on the homepage. If the customers have any questions about the product, they can chat, select the options and get the answers immediately.
Customers will get an instant response with chatbots and live chat systems. We can see here that adding an AI Shopify chatbot is effective to provide great customer support. Click here to add Ochatbot, one of the best Shopify bots to your online store.
4. Burga- Personalized Experience
Burga on Shopify sells fashionable accessories like iPad cases, iPhone cases, custom, and air pod cases on the website.
The home page of Burga has an automatic filter option through which the customers will be able to purchase the products immediately by selecting those desired. Burga gives a personalized experience to the users. The personalized user experience with the filter options on the websites’ landing page will invite more potential customers.
5.Patagonia- Effective Webcopy
Patagonia is a cloth store on Shopify that has a visually appealing landing page. When you visit the store of Patagonia, you will find the landing page mentioning the discounts and offers. The website allows the users to directly click on the ‘Explore’ button and view the products.
Patagonia’s website copy gains the trust of casual website visitors by mentioning the specialties of their products on the landing page. By writing an effective website copy, the online business owners will convert casual website visitors into potential buyers.
The above Shopify best practices will allow the eCommerce website owners to enhance their brands and improve functionality and sell-through on eCommerce web pages.
Optimizing the storefront filtering with Metafields and tags provide instant suggestions for the customers. If you are planning to start an eCommerce store, optimize it with filters and advanced site practices. Your online store will stand out and generate revenue with effective optimization.
- Shopify Navigation: All You Need to Know
- Shopify Collection Pages: All You Need to Know
- List of eCommerce Chatbots
- Shopify Chatbot: Best Chatbot for Shopify Store
- Building a Chatbot for Sales in eCommerce
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the average revenue of a Shopify store?
The revenue of an average Shopify store from one customer is around $72. The revenue of a Shopify store varies from one country to another.
2. Which eCommerce platform is better? Shopify or Amazon?
Shopify has a better plan for online business owners compared to Amazon. In the Shopify platform, online business owners will create a unique store with personalized messages. On the other hand, creating a unique online store on Amazon is not possible.
3. What are the popular shipping Apps for Shopify?
AfterShip, ShipTarget, ShipStation, and Shippo are the popular shipping Apps for the Shopify store.
4. Will my website suffer if I don’t use advanced filters?
Adding advanced filters will make your website look more personalized and unique. Simply consider that advanced filters at the very least gather a few more viewers to your site.
5. What are Shopify’s best practices?
- Know your audience
- Know your product
- Implement protocols to engage
- 13 Essential AI Chatbot Features For Your eCommerce Business - June 6, 2023
- All You Need to Know About Customer Engagement Chatbots - May 27, 2023
- Top 14 AI Chatbot Use Cases for Your eCommerce Store - May 12, 2023