Do you wonder how Shopify product attributes help online shoppers choose the products? Shopify product attributes are the different properties in the Shopify website that describe the products.
Online shoppers compare the products with different websites and product attributes help them do that effectively. Shopify’s advanced product options will allow every online business owner to organize their products efficiently and effectively. Product attributes in Shopify enhance the shoppers’ experience by allowing the arrangement of display items according to shared attributes.
If you are setting up an online store, you should make use of product attributes to describe the various specifications of the products. In this article, let us look into the custom product attributes in Shopify and how to set up the variants.
Overview of the Content
Add Product Attributes on Shopify
How to Add New Variants to Products
How Many Variants Can You Have on Shopify
Third-Party Apps from Shopify Store to Add More Options
How to Customize Product Page on Shopify – Other Ideas
Customizing the product page on the Shopify store will make your store look more personal and organized. Online business owners should organize and customize the collection page on the Shopify website to accelerate the purchase process.
As an eCommerce site owner, you should customize the product page on Shopify to improve the functionality of your store and sort multiple products on the website. Here are a few ideas to organize products on your Shopify website.
- Use product filters on the page.
- Sort out the best sellers collection to generate more revenue on the website.
- Add a meta field on the website.
- Edit the theme code on the Shopify website.
- Customize the navigation bar.
How to Add Product Attributes on Shopify
Online shoppers can choose the products using various filter options. As a Shopify merchant, you should provide different options for the shoppers to find products. Arranging the dress in different colors and sizes will help customers choose desired products. The product attributes will help you create filters for products. Creating the product variants is the first step to show the different options for customers.
Steps to Add Product Attributes
- Go to the Shopify Store and Click the ‘All Products’ option.
- You will be able to view the products list. In the right corner, click the ‘Add Product’ option.
- You can add titles, descriptions, and images for the products. Enter the ‘Title’ of your products first.
- While uploading the images, select all the colors that come under the model.
- In the right corner, the Shopify store owners will have the ‘Organization’ option. Store owners can enter ‘Product Type’, ‘Vendor’ and select the different collections.
- Now add the ‘Pricings’, ‘Inventory’, and ‘Shippings’ to the list.
Product Attributes List
Imagine visiting an online store and finding products with no varieties, does it excite you? The products with different varieties such as various colors and sizes will excite customers. A Shopify owner should add different product attributes to captivate customers while purchasing the products. Product attributes will make your online store stand out from the other eCommerce websites that have no great specifications.
Here are a few product attribute lists that online business owners can add to their websites.
- Marketing Claims
Adding Product Variants
If the product in the Shopify store comes in different styles, colors, and specifications, the online business owner can add product variants.
- When you scroll down the ‘Pricings’ and ‘Inventory’, you will find the product variants.
- The ‘Product Variants’ have ‘Option Name’ and ‘Option Values’.
- You will be able to describe the products in different colors and sizes.
- Modifying the price, SKU, and Barcode of every variant. After modifying the variants, click ‘Save’.
True AI to engage customers for eCommerce, business leads, and customer support.
Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase in Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Tickets with a Customer Service Chatbot
We Guarantee Results... Or Work For Free!
How to Add New Variants to Products
Conversions(customers take the desired action) happen on the product detail page on Shopify. Now, you have entered the product data like size, price, and quantity in the variants. If you want to add new variants to the products, check the steps below.
- Go to the ‘Products Page’ and select the ‘Product with variants’ options.
- If you are planning to add new variants, click the option ‘Add Variants’.
- You can also duplicate variants in different colors.
- For instance, if you want to duplicate ‘Red’ into another color, you can select the ‘Red’ options and create a duplicate variant.
- You can aso reorder variants and options by dragging and moving the colors.
How to Add Shopify Maximum Variants
In Shopify, the merchants can add 100 variants for one product. If an online business owner wants to add more variants for a product, third-party apps from the Shopify App Store will help them add more than 100.
- Among options, a variant is one variation of that option.
- For instance, “size” is an option, but “small”, “medium”, and “large” are variants.
- You can add up to three options for one product.
Third-Party Apps from Shopify Store to Add More Options
If you want to add more than 3 options for a product, they can use third-party apps from the Shopify App Store. Here are a few third-party apps that allow online business owners to add more options for their products.
1. Infinite Options App
The Infinite Options app will allow eCommerce store owners to create various custom product fields. Some custom product fields are, checkboxes, drop-down menus, texts, and numbers.
The product bundle feature in the app Infinite Options will increase the online Shopify store’s average size. Shopify merchants will have control over the default values. Adding calendars and date pickers is also possible with Infinite Options.
2. Product Options and Customizers App
Online business owners can arrange their products using advanced options such as radio buttons, text boxes, and image upload with the Product Options and Customizers app.
Adding multiline text inputs, file uploads, and checkboxes is feasible with this online app. Shopify merchants can also add ‘Optional’ and ‘Mandatory’ options to a product. If an option is mandatory, the shoppers will complete it before adding the products to the cart.
Example: File Upload.
3. Advanced Product Options App
With the Advanced Product Options app, some of the options available are number field, date picker, file upload, swatch, text box, dropdown, and more.
Shopify merchants need not have the technical knowledge to install the App. The Advanced Product Options app is easy to install and automatically aligns with the default theme or your own custom theme. With this app, you can also add custom pricing to the products on the website.
Shopify Cart Attributes
Shopify cart attributes will allow online business owners to collect information about products from customers and add the information to the product pages. The custom form fields will give information to you about how your customers found your online stores.
For instance, you can add ‘How did you find our store?’ to the cart page. Shoppers can fill in the information for you. Shopify cart attributes allow online business owners to understand how they reach their target audience from different platforms. By adding the cart attributes, online business owners will understand how to optimize social platforms to drive more target customers.
As an eCommerce site owner, you should understand advanced and innovative marketing strategies to outpace competitors. Shopify is one of the biggest eCommerce platforms that has several advanced features to highlight your products.
Every online business owner should customize the product page to facilitate the target audience’s purchase of their desired products. Apart from adding the default options, the third-party apps will make your online store look unique. The above options in this article will help online business owners customize their online stores.
- Shopify Filters & 5 Site Best Practices – 2023 Guide
- Shopify Metafields & 5 Ways to Organize Products
- 7 Benefits – AI Chatbots in Conversational Commerce
- Building a Chatbot for Sales in E-commerce
- Shopify Chatbot: Best Chatbot for Shopify Store
- 8 Things to Know Before You Select Your Shopify Store Name
Frequently Asked Questions
What are common product attributes?
Size, color, name, and design are some of the default product attributes that many online business owners will use in their Shopify stores.
Why are product attributes significant in an online store?
Product attributes in the online store will help online shoppers evaluate products with other brands. Shopify store’s product attributes allow online shoppers to compare the products with various stores. If your online store uses advanced product attributes, it will drive more sales.
What are product levels?
Augmented, core, tangible and potential products are the four product levels.
- All You Need to Know About Customer Engagement Chatbots - May 27, 2023
- Top 14 AI Chatbot Use Cases for Your eCommerce Store - May 12, 2023
- All You Need to Know About eCommerce AI Chatbots - May 2, 2023