AI’s Role and Impact on E-commerce for Small BusinessesBefore talking about the implications and role of AI, let’s look at some definitions:
- Artificial intelligence is the ability of a machine to make decisions usually made by people, following algorithms.
- Machine learning is the capability of a smart device to improve upon experience and collect big data.
How Can Small Businesses Use AI In E-commerce?Artificial intelligence has been around for decades, but we’ve seen a new level of advancement with machine learning and deep learning algorithms in recent years. AI solutions provide businesses with compelling capabilities and help streamline business processes and maximize customer satisfaction. AI is providing businesses with exciting opportunities they may not have had before. Let’s take a look at how it’s already being used and some benefits it brings:
1. Conversational MarketingConversational marketing is a type of commerce that involves using chatbots, voice assistants, and other AI-powered tools to create a two-way dialogue with customers. It should lead to increased sales.
ChatbotFor example, you could have an eCommerce AI chatbot asking customers what they’re looking to purchase and then suggesting certain items based on their basket or past browsing behavior. Chatbots can also answer questions about the products themselves, guide users through the shopping process by providing information, and help with any issues they may have. They can also recommend additional goods and services based on what the user is interested in.
- Use chatbots to build trust and engage customers with automated marketing content.
- Customize your marketing messages for different clients and situations.
- Use natural language tools to make your marketing more human-like.
Voice assistantsAI has allowed businesses to provide interactive shopping experiences with voice assistants through smart speakers like Amazon Echo or Google Home. These devices come with voice-activated virtual helpers that can guide customers through buying specific items by prompting them with questions and helping them through the entire purchasing process.
2. AI-powered SEOAI is starting to make its way into the world of SEO. This relatively new field, known as AI-powered SEO, refers to using artificial intelligence to guide search engine optimization to get better rankings and organic traffic. AI SEO describes how people can use artificial intelligence to make their websites more visible and easier to navigate. As search engines like Google and Bing become more intelligent, they’re starting to rely less on keyword matching and other traditional ranking factors. Instead, they use artificial intelligence to carry out keyword research, write content, increase traffic, and much more. The appearance of AI in the world has made content writing for SEO easier with every passing day. It can help marketers write and rewrite paragraphs on different topics, complete sentences, generate meta tags, and even answer questions. Moreover, they can use AI to research how often a selected keyword is searched on Google and find out who they’ll have to go up against in organic search. When marketers look at the potential benefits of AI for their business, the thing that stands out is the ability to monitor rankings and organic traffic and analyze keywords in real-time. AI can do this because of its constant monitoring of a large amount of data from different sources.
3. AI-based PersonalizationAI can use data from your past interactions with a company to create a personalized experience that is unique to you. This can include recommendations for products, services, or content. Additionally, you can use AI to customize the user interface.
True AI to engage shoppers in conversational eCommerce. Create happy customers while growing your business!
5% to 35% Increase in AOV*
20% to 40% Increase is Revenue*
25% to 45% Reduction in Support Tickets
WE GUARANTEE RESULTS!
4. Sales ForecastingAI algorithms can help sellers track statistical data on their products and compare it to other items in the same category. For example, they might find a high demand for certain products during specific seasons or holidays. With AI-Sales forecasting, businesses can now train algorithms to predict deals patterns and help with long-term strategic planning. This technology is becoming an essential tool for many companies striving to remain competitive in a constantly changing market. By harnessing the power of big data and machine learning, businesses can now make better decisions about where to allocate resources and respond to sudden changes in demand.
5. AI-enabled Inventory ManagementAI can help with inventory management by offering insights into which products are performing well and aren’t meeting expectations. The AI can suggest when stock should be reordered for a particular product and can even suggest a reasonable reorder goal based on this data. The software can then monitor how quickly inventory is selling and whether the reorder targets are being met, adjusting estimates as necessary to ensure that products don’t run out of stock too fast or sit on the shelves for too long.
6. AI-driven Ad Campaign AutomationAd campaign automation refers to the use of AI in managing, optimizing, and automating advertising campaigns. From a high-level perspective, it’s much like the age-old practice of outsourcing work to other people who are more skilled/experienced/efficient in certain aspects of your business to help you achieve better results with less effort. There are several benefits of using AI-driven ad campaign automation, including:
- Better ad performance due to its automating in real-time based on user engagement data;
- Improved efficiency through faster analytics reporting and ad optimization;
- Powerful foresight through predictive analytics.
Implementing artificial intelligence has revolutionized e-commerce and transformed the process of interaction with customers. With the appearance of AI in the world of business, nothing will ever be the same. Small businesses apply artificial intelligence to remain competitive and enhance efficiency to the fullest extent. Conversational marketing, sales forecasting, AI-powered SEO, AI-based personalization, etc., make the whole process of running a small business much easier.
About the Author:
Vanessa Friedman is a content marketing professional that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads and close customers. Previously, Vanessa worked as a marketing manager for a tech software startup. She graduated with honors from Columbia University with a dual degree in Business Administration and Creative Writing. You can reach out to her on [email protected].
- 6 Proven Use Cases of eCommerce Chatbots For More Productivity - December 6, 2022
- 8 Steps to Create a Secure eCommerce Website - October 25, 2022
- 11 Best Chatbot Platforms You Should Check Out for eCommerce - October 11, 2022